Thursday, August 30, 2012

I'm thankful for the drumsticks

Saturday August 25 was Tony & my 17th wedding anniversary. I am thankful for the life we have built and the adventure we are on.

I met Tony on a January Sunday in 1994. It was a very informal introduction by a mutual friend, Al. I was not looking for a date...I had been pretty discouraged with dating and had taken a year off from dating. No problem.

Then in late November Tony showed up at Heart Reach for Super Kids. Al asked him to play drums for our music set. Tony looked around and could find no drumsticks. He told me he would get me some. I didn't really believe him. Many made promises and never followed through.

3 days later, there was a knock on the office door. Tony was standing there holding a bouquet of drumsticks. He said, "some guys bring candy. Some bring flowers but I brought you drumsticks." Then he asked if I would go out with him sometime. I said yes.

Later when I thought about it, that date was a year to the day I made a commitment to take a year off from dating. I am thankful for the timing if God.

This is why I'm thankful for the drumsticks!

No comments:

Post a Comment