Tuesday, January 11, 2011

you have not because you ask not

I want to make myself available to help out someone when they need me. I want to be a great team member. I want to be faithful to my calling. But I've been overwhelmed with my to do list in the past week.

This morning when I was getting dressed, I was talking with the Lord about all of it. I don't think I was complaining, just asking for some help getting it all done.

I opened my bible and found a slip of paper with 2 Corinthians 9:10-11 on it, so I looked at it.
"Now he who supplies seed to the sower and bread for food will also supply and increase your store of seed and will enlarge the harvest of your righteousness. You will be enriched in every way so that you can be generous on every occasion, and through us your generosity will result in thanksgiving to God."

Not 10 minutes later, I got a text from someone I had scheduled to give a ride to work that morning. She had someone else to take her! Later on, an appointment got postponed! Then, it started to snow, and my evening meeting was cancelled!

I got the most important items completed on my list today! I know that I will rest much sounder tonight, which in turn enables me to be much more generous tomorrow!

Thanks so much, God, for caring about my to do list!


No comments:

Post a Comment