Tuesday, January 24, 2012

pretty little isyss

I work with children in the inner city & the suburbs and have done so for over 20 years. I so enjoy watching kids grasp life concepts and grow into people I can live life with! It's been so cool to see kids I worked with 15 years ago at my church now serving as leaders. This is so fulfilling to me!

Today at school I watched a 7 year old girl, Isyss, stand before me with tears streaming down her face. She had disappointed her mom and got disciplined for it. Her arm was swollen and appeared to have a serious injury. She didn't want to talk about what had happened. I could see her childhood spark fading from her eyes...it is a slow fade that happens here.

Working in the same place for so many years, I've seen a second generation of children come through the doors. It grieves me that the cycle of hurt and lack of emotional growth continues to effect the youth of our community.

Please join me in praying for our families in the Mahoning valley to experience an awakening to the patterns of destruction that stand before us. And along with your prayers, model love, acceptance & forgiveness to others who don't understand it or how to apply it in their lives.

It's a slow fade when the change comes- good or bad....let's work hard to let the fade move in the right direction and bring hope into the eyes of all the Isyss' out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment