Monday, February 6, 2012

ch ch ch changes!

2 Timothy 4:2
 Preach the word of God. Be prepared, whether the time is favorable or not. Patiently correct, rebuke, and encourage your people with good teaching.

These last months have been a wild ride! I'm learning to let go of who I used to be...Be confident in who I am today....Looking forward with joy toward tomorrow!

Tony will be starting a new job in the middle of the month. He wasn't pursuing a change, but a great opportunity came his way. I am so happy for him. He works so hard and diligently at his job. He does it as unto the Lord. He does it with integrity and sincerity. I love that part of him!

He was sharing his many many thoughts with me the other day and he looked at me, with tears in his eyes and said, "God is blessing me because of you." Boy, this made me sit back and smile. He was so affirming me in what I am doing with my life. I waited 16 years to hear this precious message! It was priceless.

I've recently made a change, too. I'm taking a roll in our family ministry at church. I'll keep on doing all I do in the local schools. But I'm going to get to develop a team and work with them to help our families be the greatest places for kids to experience God's love!  I love kidmin! But family ministry (fammin) makes my heart beat hard.

Our home life is going to go through changes. Tony is changing from 4 10 hour days to 5 8 hour days. I'm changing from 20 hours to many many more! Somehow, the laundry and grocery shopping will be done. We may have to eat pop tarts for dinner once in a while, but I love where we are heading.

My dream is to empower people to reach children, families & friends to love Jesus. I think things got a little more focused.

JOY!




No comments:

Post a Comment