Thursday, January 30, 2014

look forward 2 corinthians 4:18

While we do not look at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen. For the things which are seen are temporary, but the things which are not are eternal. 2 Corinthians 4:18

Spurgeon wrote in Morning and Evening, "...see past death's river, the gloomy stream forded, the hills of light attained on which stands the celestial city..."

What an encouraging word to me today in the midst of the discouragement and defeat I have been wading in as of late. Thank you, Lord, for this reminder today. I know I have hope. I am tired and weary and broken, but I have hope.

Maxwell says, "Success has less to do with gifts than perspective. Paul tells us never lose heart; progress isn't always visible; our struggle develops us; we must fix our eyes on the unseen; the importance of the eternal realm far exceeds the visible one." I must paint a big picture.

When I've been trying to survive day to day, I sometimes lose sight of the big picture. I keep my head down and just keep pushing through. I believe it is time to pick up my head and look forward.

No comments:

Post a Comment