Tuesday, January 7, 2014

The cheese stands alone

This morning (-8 degrees) Tony headed to sunny California (75 degrees) for a business trip for 3 days. Last night the water stopped flowing through the pipes. He left me here to deal with it. Tonight with a dramatic flourish a pipe burst. I wish I could say I'm bursting with joy...

The piles of things seem to be piling up around me all over the place. One good thing in the midst of the storm, I'm sure I'm in the place I need to be at right now.

The challenge with the piles is not to be overwhelmed and discouraged as they continue to grow. Boy, I wish I could control this! I'm breathing in and out slowly. I'm working hard to keep an attitude of thanksgiving. I have been pretty crabby today...

It feels like I'm in it alone, although I know I'm not. Sure, Tony packed his swim trunks...I'm psyching myself up to go through my waterlogged treasures.

Isaiah 41:13 I, The Lord your God, hold your right hand and say to you, "Do not fear. I will help you."

I like that God says he is holding my right hand. Being right handed, He's taking on my weaker side as He holds my right hand. Through this He's teaching me to live in victory through the battle.

No comments:

Post a Comment