Thursday, July 5, 2012

someone called me lazy today

la·zy [ láyzee ] 1.not wanting to work: unwilling to do any work or make an effort  2.conducive to idleness: contributing to an unwillingness to work or make an effort  3.slow: moving slowly  Synonyms: indolent, idle, lethargic, languid, sluggish, slothful

Someone called me lazy today.  Me...lazy?  I don't think so.  I'm pretty sure it's because I didn't want to do what their idea was, but none the less....I was called lazy.  I haven't been called lazy since I was a self absorbed teenager.

But as I think on this absurd idea, I do see some places to be a little more productive in my journey...

     1. I don't talk to my neighbors as often as I should. I get home from my tasks of the day and shut down far too often.  I'll work a little harder at shifting my thoughts from work to friend.
     2. I don't pray for others immediately when I hear about their request. I put it off until my regularly scheduled prayer time. When I'm not thinking of myself and what I have on my to do list, I pray for others on the spot. I want to be more of an encourager.
     3. I don't get up from the chair to greet Tony when he walks through the door from his day. All he is asking for is an up close and personal hello from me. I will not let my state of mind take precedence over caring for him.
   4.  I don't call my long distance friends as often as I think of them. I miss them so very much, but don't let them know I still want them in my life as much as ever. Facebook & email just doesn't do it like hearing their voice & seeing their name on the caller id.
     5. I don't look at my dream list as often as I should. Sometimes I just go with the flow instead of pursuing the next step to reaching a dream.

Colossians 3:23-Whatever you do, do with it all your heart, as working for Lord and not for men.

No comments:

Post a Comment